- It was designed in a manner that has equipped the Ecclesia with discipleship tools that are biblically sound, simple to teach and are easy to understand for a new believer
- It was designed so that people with limited management or leadership skills could confidently pick up the coach’s manuals and begin to disciple others.
- The course manuals are simple to use, easy to follow in a structured way, true to the Bible, and reduce any chance of incorrect doctrines being added by immature leadership.
- It’s flexible and can be based on any time frame, location, and/or setting, such as one-on-one, a small group setting, a classroom setting with breakout groups, or via online gatherings.
- It has transformed the lives of new believers by discovering Biblical principles and applying them to everyday life. It is an intentional discipleship path, it’s interactive and embraces all learning styles.
- It has fast-tracked the lives of new believers and taken them from a pagan background to a Christian small group leaders, and many have discipled others in their mountain of influence in 6 to 12 months.
- It is based on the NKJV ®Spirit Filled Life Study Bible that is well balanced and enabled us to page number all the Bible verses, commentaries etc. making it easy for a new Christian to navigate the Word of God and has helped lapsed Christians re-establish their faith.
- It lays out foundational truths, such as; the two spiritual kingdoms, who God is, why Jesus came, the person of the Holy Spirit, the existence and purpose of angels, and frees them from the baggage new followers of Jesus Christ bring into their new Christian life.
- It has taught new disciples how to realign their character with godly principles whilst helping them discover and apply their God-given gifts to everyday living and interaction with others.
- It has taught them how to evangelize those within their circle of influence and bring them into the Kingdom of Light.
- It has taught them how to disciple those they had prayed into the kingdom of Light.
- It has transformed the lives of new believers who have become societal reformers in their respective mountain/s of influence where every decision is based upon a Biblical worldview.
My early experiences as a new a Christian
When I first became a new Christian I had no idea on how to unlock the Bible and apply it to a new way of thinking and living. I had no idea on where to begin.
I knew God was real because of a very powerful encounter with God on the day of my conversion to Christianity, May 23rd, 1990.
I had no idea of the different versions of the Bible. Some well-meaning Christians gave me a “Good News” version of the Bible and told me to read a specific section. But without instructions or using a study Bible that at least had commentaries it was very difficult.
Other Christian leaders gave me some basic Bible study materials, but all of these were based on the assumption that I had some church and Christian background.
I found most discipleship materials are fragmented, lack an intentional discipleship path, denominational driven, in other words, selective reading and deliberately ignoring some aspects of what the Bible says. Plus they contained a “Christianise” language and a culture that made it difficult for “newbies” like me to understand.
Zero Church background
I had zero church background. I had no idea why Jesus came to earth, who the Holy Spirit is, and as I read the Old Testament, God looked like someone who had a big stick and if you made a mistake you would be zapped by Him!
I found that most Christian Discipleship materials are akin to throwing someone into the deep end of a swimming pool and saying, “Here, figure out how to swim.” Thankfully, persistence is one of my attributes and I doggedly persisted. I kept buying various Bible versions and finally came across the NKJV Spirit Filled Life Study Bible. Once I learnt how to use their study notes the Bible came alive and I grew in my knowledge and walk with God.
Growing Deep and Strong
In 2001 I embarked on a journey of writing a Christian Discipleship course that would grow and mature a brand new believer like me who had zero church background.
It took 5-6 years and some 35,000 hours to complete and as you can see by the numerous testimonies it has been spectacularly successful and we have achieved our objectives